Have you always wanted a complete list of best logo design resources on the web? Sometimes it is difficult to find a list that can meet expectations.
Here at Desircle, together with the whole team, we have written this list of best logo design resources putting everything we consider important for a logo designer (but also for all designers in general) according to our experience in the field.
Here you will find a detailed list of tutorials, software, the best design blogs we follow daily, books, platforms where to find inspiration, websites where to download mockups and fonts and also websites where to build your portfolio.
Let's get started!
Table of Contents
1. Best Logo Design Resources: Tutorials and Courses
When it comes to better logo design courses, the first one I feel like mentioning is definitely LogoCore Masterclass.
This Masterclass is perfect for beginners but also for those who are already at a medium/high level in logo design, because it really covers all aspects of how to become a successful logo designer. Here I explain how the course is divided:
- Module 1: Introduction to the course, workflow in illustrator, approach to geometry, tasks for practice.
- Module 2: mathematical approach in illustrator, drawing with pen and tools, colour theory and interactive tasks.
- Module 3: logo theory, advanced theory, guidelines for various applications, identity practice.
- Module 4: realistic projects, creative briefs, how to do research, case studies and realistic briefs for your projects.
- Module 5: brand style guides, explorations, how to export logos, how to create a style guide.
- Module 6: design presentations, storytelling, kitbashing, how to create custom mockups.
- Module 7: how to become freelance, copyrights, contracts, portfolio advice, how to get clients.
- Module 8: logo animation, after effects, motion design and principles.
As you can see the course is sensational, it contains a lot of modules and each of them is composed of various videos that last around 30 minutes each. The price is really affordable especially for the great value that you will find within the course.
Logo Design Tutorials
Obviously there are a lot of other websites and especially YouTube channels where you can find tutorials on logo design, but often we are faced with so much choice that we don’t know where to start. That’s why this list we’ve collected for you comes in handy:
3. Best Logo Design Resources: Blogs
To stay up to date on the evolution of logo design and the latest trends, tips and techniques, I suggest you follow some of the major blogs that talk about logo design, so you can make sure you never miss the latest news.
I’ll add some of the best blogs you can follow to this list of best logo design resources:
4. Best Logo Design Resources: Books
Reading a good book is always one of the best strategies when you want to learn and study a topic in depth. Also for logo design, there are some books that are very important to read to be successful in this discipline:
5. Best Logo Design Resources: Fonts
Each logo must of course be related to the choice of the appropriate font. When it comes to fonts, there are so many online resources and you can lose so many hours before you find the right font. I add, therefore, also the best sites where you can find the right font for your logo:
6. Best Logo Design Resources: Mockups
When the time comes to present the logo to your client, you need to have an impressive presentation that gives the right weight to your work. This is where mockups come into play, to make the logo “real” and give a concrete idea of its future application. So here is the list of best logo design resources, the best resources related to mockups:
7. Best Logo Design Resources: Portfolio Websites
We got to my favorite part: the realization of my own digital portfolio (website format). Here are all the best websites where you can work on your portfolio. Some are simple “drag and drop” platforms while others are more complex. Here it’s up to you to decide which one to use.
My advice is to test them all, see which one suits your level best and then proceed with the creation of your portfolio. You can do this, as they all offer a free account with which you can start learning how to use the platform right away. Let’s see below:
This list was updated by the Desircle team in May 2020, I hope it will help you find the best tools, the best sites and the best courses to improve your career in the world of logo design!
If there is a logo resource that you recommend, please let me know in the comment section below and I will consider it for addition.